- The core mandate of the HPRS Department is to formulate health policies for the FCT Health Sector.
- Setting goals, priorities and agenda of the FCT HHSS.
- Coordinating the activities of the other HHSS Departments and Agencies to guarantee the achievement of the goals of the FCT Health Sector.
- Development of plans, programs and strategies for the implementation of the FCT Health Sector policies.
Functions of HPRS Department:
- Development of health plans (Rolling, Medium and Perspective).
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Programmes, Projects and Plans implementations.
- Coordination and regulation of Health- related Research activities FCT.
- Routine collection and processing of health data and statistics
- Coordination and regulation of Partners and NGOs working with the FCT HHSS.
- Development and deployment of e-health platform in the FCT A hospitals.
- Planning, development and management of strategies to improve Health workforce.
- Development of plans, mobilization of resources and investments for health care financing in the FCT.
The Department has two main Divisions; –
1. Planning Division
2. Health Informatics, Research & Statistics Division.
- Structure of Planning Division:
The Division is made of the following Units/Desk & programmes:
- Plans and Program
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Health Care Finance Equity and Investment (FCT Health Accounts, NHIS/FHSS Desk& Basic Health Care Provision Fund DesK
- Human Resource for Health (HRH):
- Electronic Health (e-Health):
- Public-Private Partnership & Non-Governmental Organizations (PPP & NGOs).
- AGIS/LAND/Health Plots Desk
- Structure of Health Informatics, Research & Statistics Division:
The Division is made of the following Units and Desk:
- Health Informatics/HMIS Unit
- HHSS Library & Archives Services.