- Formulation of Healthcare policies in line with international, national, professional and FCT health needs.
- To draw up implementation strategies, programmes and plans in conjunction with other departments to actualize national, international and FCT health policies
- Monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of medical/ diagnostics policies by various departments, boards and agencies in Health and Human Services Secretariat and FCT
- Registration, regulation and monitoring of activities of Private Health establishments in line with existing regulatory guidelines to ensure that they meet set standard.
- Coordinates and liaises with Department of Finance and Administration and Hospitals Management Board on all training and employment matters in Medical and Diagnostics services including Internship, Post-graduate training etc.
- Represents FCTA in Boards of Medical Institutions and Boards of Medical and Diagnostics Professional Councils of Nigeria.
- Coordinates the activities of the FCT Medical Board.
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in FCT.
Collates, analyzes and recommends the refunds of the bills incurred by FCTA health facilities running the Free Antenatal Care Services.